Healthy Tips to Keep You Going During NYFW
Staying rejuvenated during the fast-paced NYFW can be tough, especially since it’s Kapha season, where things tend to slow down. Check out our healthy tips to get you through NYFW based on your dosha!
1) Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! During NYFW, you are always on the move, so it is important to stay balanced and nourished! Core Natural is an amazing ultra purified water that has tons of electrolytes and minerals to help you stay hydrated 24/7!
Ayurvedic Tip: Infuse your water with herbs and spices for your dosha! For Pittas throw in some turmeric and for Vatas and Kaphas add ginger. Also, another awesome way to stay hydrated is drinking Harmless Harvest 100% Raw Coconut Water. It’s pure organic raw coconut water made from a responsibly harvested, exceptionally sweet and fragrant coconut variety native to Thailand.
2) Staying active is exactly what is needed during the sluggish Kapha season. At NYFW, it’s hard to not be active! Between attending the fashion show circuit, after parties and networking, you can find yourself feeling like you just left a SoulCycle class! From all of the running around it’s imperative to be comfy, but stylish as well! Wear fashionable, but comfortable shoes, like Nina Z. Based in Brooklyn, these clogs are super chic and comfy, ranging in many styles from a classic clog to a unique boot.
3) The cold and damp weather of the Kapha season can also lead us to be a little forgetful and weighed down. With that said, always be prepared to keep personal charging devices on hand like MyCharge chargers! Keep this sleek charger in your purse to help juice up all electronics on the go, since Fashion Week is always throwing curve balls at us with last minute invites to coveted parties.
4) Speaking of late nights… to make yourself look like you just had eight hours of blissful sleep use tea bags to soothe puffy and irritated eyes. They contain anti-irritant properties that help reduce swelling around your eyes. They can also relieve redness and inflammation.
- Put 2 used tea bags in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Lie down and put the tea bags over your eyelids.
- Leave them in place for 10 to 15 minutes.
Or there are clever eye patches by Honest Hazel that you can simply place under your eye while getting ready to take on the day!
Ayurvedic Tip: Using the following tea bags for your dosha can really amp up the effectiveness! For Vatas stick with cardamom seed, Pittas try rose petal and Kaphas explore eleuthero root. Not only are these awesome for beauty treatments, but drink them as well to soothe your body during this cold season!
5) Having healthy snacks on the go is super important during NYFW! Make sure to tote around healthy snacks for your dosha!
Vata: Stick with warm, wet, sweet, sour, salty foods and spices. Keeping organic trail mix or nut butter on hand is an awesome snack to always have!
Pitta: Lean towards cool, thirst-quenching, sweet foods such as coconut chips or coconut water to stay cool and hydrated!
Kapha: Favor warm, light, dry foods. Since you’re on-the-go try kale chips! You can try a variety of flavors and they are oh-so satisfying!
And for all doshas, having Dosha Pops in your purse at all times is a must! Each lollipop is made from the finest of ingredients and at the center of it all are herbal teas. Not only are they tasty, they are a great hard candy alternative to regular lollipops that are made with artificial colors and flavors. Plus they last a long time! These ayurvedic candies will surely have you hooked on a health lick! Curious about your dosha? Check out Dosha Pops official Ayurvedic Test to discover your true dosha!