Playlist for the Kapha
The Kapha is the sturdy framed of the doshas. The one that is, believes in the journey, not always the destination, and probably does things a bit slower. The Kapha calls upon the “elemental qualities of earth and water and when they are out of balance they become overweight, depressed, and sleep excessively”.
As a reminder:
Balancing Your Kapha
- You like it HOT! HOT! HOT! So go ahead and consume spicy, bitter, astringent foods. For a treat, try the “Chai Me Up” or the “Velvet Rope” Dosha Pop.
- Get your sleep on. Go to bed early and rise early, with no daytime naps.
- All you need is love so eat in a loving environment.
- Avoid couchsurfing and get moving.
- Do emotional housekeeping regularly. The best thing about the past is it is “the past.”
- Ohm! Make time for introspective activities, like meditation and writing.
- Yes, you can be “too” nice so be sure to avoid being taken advantage of.
The perfect playlist for the Kapha involves not only calming songs but music that the Kapha can move to, the songs that get those early mornings started on a good note, the ‘sing-in-the-shower-songs, those songs that get you through the chores with a smile on your face. Here is our suggestion:
- Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People
- Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood
- Superpower by Beyoncé feat. Frank Ocean
- Come As You Are by Yuna
- Super Rich Kids by Frank Ocean
- Latch by Disclosure feat. Sam Smith
- Chandelier by Sia
- Wake Me Up by Avicii
- Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
- Don’t You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin